What is E-Waste?
Any discarded electronic appliances such as mobile phones, computers, laptops, printers, fax machines or even their parts, which have reached the end of their useful life, are called “ e-waste”.
Global E-Waste Policy
We are committed to minimizing and handling obsolete electronic equipment (e-waste) responsibly and in line with global best practices and standards. Specifically, we pledge:
- We will adhere to applicable law regarding e-waste in all jurisdictions where we operate
- We will apply our 5 R waste management methodology (Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Repair, Recycle):
- We will RETHINK our process by selecting machines with high repairability scores from suppliers who are responsive, innovative, and committed to improving their own ESG performance and collaborating with us
- We will REDUCE our purchases by regularly evaluating what we buy and not overbuying
- We will REUSE electronic equipment wherever we can, internally and through local programs where we contribute useable, non-sensitive equipment to local non-profit organizations (in some cases we will destroy hard drives and other storage devices as needed to maintain business confidentiality)
- We will REPAIR electronic equipment at sites around the world to extend the life of electronic equipment we own
- We will RECYCLE end of life equipment responsibly, with partners who can provide credible assurances of their processes and the end-of-life disposition of that equipment
- We will track the e-waste we recycle and report this periodically
- As needed, we will work to drive continuous improvement in responsible e-waste handling options & practices in our communities of operation
Where and how can you recycle e-waste in India?
To recycle your waste electronic items, all you have to do is drop an email at [email protected] with details of each electrical or electronic waste device and the name of your city. You will receive a reply within 48 hours on further action.
You can also visit our collection points directly for safe disposal of the e-waste and get more information on the subject. You can also call our toll-free number 1800 2121 434.
Going beyond just recycling
At Concentrix Daksh, we believe our focus should not only be on responsible recycling, but also on awareness generation. Our PRO is creating awareness among our customers through the following activities:
Enterprise Engagement Campaign:
- Series of emails and EDMs to create awareness and engage the enterprise customers of Concentrix Daksh Commerce on e-waste responsible recycling practices.
- Concentrix Daksh through its PRO will hold awareness events on e-waste recycling. The objective of these campaigns is to provide a responsible e-waste management solution to bulk consumers in India.
Important dos and don’ts
- Make sure all your important personal and professional data you wish to preserve is backed up and removed from your device.
- Remove your SIM and memory cards before dropping your phone into a collection point. Batteries, chargers, and other accessories can also be recycled at these points.
- Do not mix these products in your home dust-bins with other municipal waste.